Just because we are heading towards Autumn, doesn’t mean that the events and competitions in the Peak District come to an end. Below you can discover some of the highlights of what is going on around the Peak District over the next few weeks.
If you want to watch suffering, or inflict it upon yourself there are plenty of options, with sportive events tackling some of the biggest hills. The hill climbing season is upon us, which sees the 2016 National Hill Climb event taking place on Bank Road in Matlock.
- Tour of Strines: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/152894/Sheffrec-Tour-of-Strines 18th September 2016
- Cycle Derby Sportive: http://www.huubevents.com/events/cycle-derby-sportive-2016/ 18th September 2016
- Monsal Hill Climb: http://www.monsalhillclimb.org.uk/ 2nd October 2016
- Breeze Monsal Trail Ride: http://www.goskyride.com/Search/Details?eventid=71872&DCMP=afc-GSR:na_BC_Event_Tracking 10th October 2016
- Rourkie’s Cat and Fiddle Challenge: http://www.catandfiddle.org/ 16th October 2016
- Matlock Top Ten: http://darkwhitecycling.co.uk/sportives/matlock-top-ten/ 22nd October 2016
- National Hill Climb Championship: http://www.matlockcyclingclub.org.uk/ctt-national-hillclimb-2016 30th October 2016
- Polocini Winter Warmer: http://www.polocini.com/products/winter-warmer 30th October 2016
- Macclesfield Wheelers Supa Cross 2016: http://www.macclesfieldwheelers.org.uk/cyclocross.php 27th December 2016
If you know of any other events I have missed from this list, contact me to let me know.